Ongoing Aboriginal Development
All Resources Development efforts on First Nations and Aboriginal lands should work toward the mutual benefit of industry and the communities. FHQ-RCS Resource Services supports models where business ventures identify long-term impact on the socio-economic development of all participating Aboriginal stakeholders.
- FHQ-RCS is providing opportunities for Aboriginal communities and individuals in Canada
- FHQ-RCS provides consulting services to many communities to assist in resource development
- FHQ-RCS forges business relationships with Aboriginal owned and operated companies, forfeiting profit to ensure growth opportunities for Aboriginal businesses
- FHQ-RCS supplies support servicer for communities entering industry, providing consultation on how to work with industry and assistance in defining traditional lands
- With extensive domestic and international experience, the FHQ-RCS team is politically acclimatized to the unique challenges of working alongside Aboriginal communities with little exposure to industry
FHQ-RCS acts as a consulting body between industry and the Aboriginal stakeholders, ensuring all resource related ventures are conducted with full recognition within party agreements.
- Respectful and meaningful consultation practices
- Providing input on business decisions
- Identifying additional opportunities for community support
- Facilitating contractor choice
- Mitigating conflict as concerns arise
We also encourage Aboriginal community investments generated from industry business ventures.
- Small business contracts
- Impact benefits from all business ventures
- Generation of sustainable capacity through each venture’s cycle